She is an enigma wrapped in a little, blonde riddle.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mad About Madden a.k.a. Brotherly Love


Many readers of On the Fly have told me how much they love Madden, Jacey’s brother, and that he should have his own book. Don’t worry; he will! The second novel in the Sinners series focuses on Reese, the goalie, and it looks like the third book will belong to Dylan Cole, the rookie, but Madden is in my mental pipeline. I love him too! And in case you were curious, this is how I pictured him:



I want to give credit where credit is due and explain my inspiration for him. I have two younger brothers, both in their mid 20s, whom I adore. If you read Madden and liked his loyalty, dedication, protective instincts and love for his sister, you should know those qualities came from my own brothers. They are supportive, extraordinary men, and I’m proud and lucky to be their sister.

Madden’s pitfalls are all his own, but that side of him was inspired by the character, Harry, from the TV show Tru Calling. I wanted to capture that charming but sometimes deceptive personality because I knew it could get into some major league trouble in Las Vegas. Madden was an interesting character to me because he could appear very selfish while at the same time be this vulnerable, sweet guy capable of deep love and commitment. That’s something he’ll have to work toward, but his journey will be a fulfilling one.

In the mean time, I hope you enjoy getting to know a little more of the team and the women strong enough to keep them in check!

No comments:

Post a Comment